[vtkusers] QVTKWidget error

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 11:39:45 EDT 2013

> I created a QT project (file->newproject->qtform) and add to the project's
> properties the VTK's & ITK's Additional Include Directories & Additional
> Library Directories (debug and release). By the way, I 'm not using
> CMakList.txt file for my project, after building vtk & generate the
> libraries, I don't know why the need of CMakelist.

It is highly recommended to use CMake to build your applications
especially if you are not an expert in understanding linker settings
and include paths for your compiler. Also you may be able to get away
with adding additional library settings in visual studio now but when
VTK6 arrives I would expect this to be a nightmare being that instead
of a few libs there will be dozens of libs to add.

John