[vtkusers] QVTKWidget error

Massinissa Bandou Massinissa.Bandou at USherbrooke.ca
Mon Apr 15 11:34:48 EDT 2013

Hello David,
Thank you for your reply! yes I did. I built vtk5.10.1 using CMake2.8.7,
enable VTK_USE_GUISUPPORT and vtk_USE_QT and copied the QVTKWidgetPlugin.dll
to Qt designer plugin (from here, everything is fine).
I'm not really familiar with Visual Studio, but I was able to fix my problem
by adding QVTK.lib to the linker input (Additional Dependencies). I don't
understand why I have to do this because I already add the path (C:\Program
Files (x86)\VTK\lib\vtk-5.10) via the linker->general->Additional Library
Directories.

I created a QT project (file->newproject->qtform) and add to the project's
properties the VTK's & ITK's Additional Include Directories & Additional
Library Directories (debug and release). By the way, I 'm not using
CMakList.txt file for my project, after building vtk & generate the
libraries, I don't know why the need of CMakelist.

I really appreciate your reply.

Massi.