[vtkusers] graphics performance on mac os 10.8.3

O'Shea, James james.oshea at albint.com
Thu Apr 11 11:38:55 EDT 2013

Has anyone had any issues running vtk on the latest iMacs (os version 10.8.3)?  We recently bought a new iMac and the graphics performance is poor when dealing with large models.  Interaction is choppy and barely tolerable, but the same input file runs smoothly on an older macbookpro laptop.  The graphics card on the imac is newer and should be more powerful, so I'm not sure why graphics performance on the laptop would be better.   I also tested paraview and the same issues exist.

Thanks.
-James