[vtkusers] MIP Projection on a 3D Plane

Jose Ignacio Prieto joseignacio.prieto at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 09:17:53 EDT 2013

Hi all,
I am starting with VTK, ran some examples and now I am trying to
display a volume (like an isosurface of a heart) and next to it, a
plane (let's say in an angle of 45 degree to the camera) where you
could get the MIP projection of the heart. So when you rotate the
isosurface, then the MIP would change as well and it would be "easier"
to visualize what are you looking at. I think it is like the shadows
example (http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/Shadows)
, but instead of a light it would be a projector of "xrays" to a
screen. Is it possible to build it?
Thanks!
Jose

--