[vtkusers] Cell ID (and vtkCellData)

Michal Szostakiewicz creed at icm.edu.pl
Mon Apr 8 13:30:37 EDT 2013

Dear all!

I'm not really a VTK user, but I just want to load a VTK file into my
software. I have a problem with reading cell data. As I couldn't find a
documentation on that, I thought it would be good idea to ask here, but if
the answer to my question is written somewhere, please just give me the
link.

If I understand correctly, the cell data is described in vtkCellData
class, which is collection of vtkDataArray-s. I currently access this data
array with GetComponent method (I believe there is a better way, but I
don't know it) but for that I need to specify the cell's ID or the cell's
index in the tuple.

Is this the same ID I give in vtkPointSet's GetCell(int id) method?

Because it sometimes works well, but other times produces some strange
results... And vtkCell does not have any GetID() method (and it looks like
GetVTKid() is not the one I'm looking for)

Best regards,
Michał