[vtkusers] VTK Plane Distance from Point to Plane

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 10:18:44 EDT 2013

It returns the perpendicular distance.  The other method you want
is vtkPlane::ProjectPoint(double point[3], double projectedPoint[3])

Caveat: these methods expect the plane normal to be a unit vector.
It is the responsibility of whoever calls SetNormal() to ensure that
the normal has unit length.

 - David