[vtkusers] Getting Original 3d Point co-ordinate on mouse hover

Alex Malyushytskyy alexmalvtk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 22:37:17 EDT 2013

First of all I have not ever used Java with VTK, so I am not sure even if
appropriate Java wrappers for the classes I mention below exists.
Your problem is naturally split in 2 different problems:

1. How to pick point under cursor.

Look at vtkPointPicker documentation, there are more examples  available on
the web, like below, just google :
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Interaction/MoveAVertexUnstructuredGrid

2. How to initiate point picking on mouse hover.
I am not normally using VTK for such thing,
but I guess vtkHoverWidget<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkHoverWidget.html>should
help you  to achieve this if you do not want to use system native
solutions,
I personally using QT for such things, think Java may provide an event
handler.

Alex