[vtkusers] Python bindings in Windows 7 x32

Erick Pérez Castellanos erick.perez at cbiomed.cu
Tue Apr 2 08:28:08 EDT 2013

Hi:

I'm trying to build vtk in Windows 7 using VS 2010 for using it with
python, the thing is that it does build properly and gets installed to the
prefix I select, but when I try to import vtk from my python interpreter it
fails.

Now:
When I run cmake I select wrap_python and wrap_python_sip properly.
Summarizing:
I have installed
python-2.7.2
qt-opensource-4.8.4
pyqt-4.10-x32
swig binary for windows
and ...
The package I'm using of vtk is vtk-5.10.1.tar.gz
The PYTHONPATH variable contains c:vtklibsite-packages and c:vtkbin for any
chances. Equally I've added c:vtkbin to my PATH variable.
The compilation process in VS 2010 ends well, and everything gets installed
into c:vtk it's the importing of vtk into my python interpreter what fails.
The error I got is: "DLL load failed: No se encontró el proceso
especificado." and it happens when loading vtkRenderingPython. I've looked
for something like vtkRenderingPython.dll, but what I got is
vtkRenderingPythonD.dll
Thxs in advance.

Erick