[vtkusers] skew in imagedata to polydata conversion

vikrant vikrant.patil at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 07:19:51 EDT 2013

Hi,
   I have some 3D imagedata (resolution 30x30x30)
which has union of a sphere and a cone (intersecting in some way).
I want to convert this data to polydata. i have tries it by two ways.

1. simple contour filter.

2. using pipeline
threshold->imageskhrink3d->gaussiansmooth->marchingcubes->decimate->smoothpolydata

both methods work (second one gives me more smooth polydata)

but both have a problem. the sphere and cone get skewed! sphere doesn't look
like a sphere it looks like an egg! see attached image. diagram A is what
I expect but I get as shown in diagram B!
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5719751/spherecone1.jpg>
is there anything which I am missing out while adjusting parameters?
how do I make the sphere look like a sphere and an egg!

Regards,
Vikrant