[vtkusers] HELP REG. COMPATIBILITIES WHILE INSTALLING VTK...

Judith Tony contactjudith at yahoo.co.in
Tue Sep 4 01:18:43 EDT 2012

Hi,
I have planned to implement my project using python as front end and VTK
for visualization. I am a novice in VTK and I would like to make some clarifications
regarding the compatibility among the supporting s/w s before installation.

OS - Windows Vista
Native Build Environment – Visual Studio 2010
Language – Python 2.7.3
Optional tools – Numpy 1.6.2, Scipy 0.11.0
VTK – 5.10.0
Cmake – 2.8.9
Qt – SDK 1.2.1

Here I have chosen the latest versions .Pls let me know the problems that
might arise with the above specifications and the better options.

Also please enlighten me with the purpose of Qt. Is it necessary or not?

-Judith