[vtkusers] vtk and segmentation

Tasnim hanene-jeder at hotmail.fr
Sun Sep 2 11:41:49 EDT 2012

Bill Lorensen wrote

> If you have mesh mesh of multiple disconnected segments you can use
> vtkConnectivityFIlter to extract each connected component.

I can't used the vtkConnectivityFIlter because when i apply it for my
meshes, it gives one color because it has just one component.

David Doria-2-3 wrote

> "Segments the mesh" according to what criterion? Please give us an example
> - perhaps a screenshot of your mesh, and a description of the segments you
> hope to achieve.
>
> David
I didn't have a specific criterion, I just want a filter that allows me to
segment a mesh, and, surely, enable me to retrieve the cells and vertex
associated to each region. Because, i'm working for : local mesh refinement.
I don't have a specific mesh, i work on apple, bunny...All 3d mesh's format.
I used now the vtkOctree, and i succeed to subdivide my mesh to 8 segments.
But I have a little problem in the Mouse interaction that i put it in this
post:
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/vtkOctree-and-Interaction-td5715769.html
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/vtkOctree-and-Interaction-td5715769.html
Best Regards,