[vtkusers] Drawing the output from vtkContourFilter on a height field

Jahn Otto Næsgaard Andersen jotto at jotto.no
Mon Oct 29 17:35:22 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have a vtkImageData which I'm visualizing as a terrain map. I'm
visualizing this as a height field.

I would also like to draw the contour map on this terrain map like this:
http://www.pacificislandtravel.com/nature_gallery/mapprojection5.gif

Using vtkContourFilter, however, all the contour polylines are in one plane.

I can see two options:

1) Rasterize the output from vtkContourFilter into an image and using this
as a texture on the terrain map

or

2) Warp the vtkContourFilter in the z direction so that it matches the
geometry of the height field.

I can't figure out how to to any of those, however. Any ideas?

Note: I'm doing this in ActiViz, so I can't create subclasses of existing
VTK classes.

--
Jahn Otto