[vtkusers] GraphLayoutView in a JFrame

Scott Kelly stk at veritegroup.com
Mon Oct 29 15:04:13 EDT 2012

I'm having issues trying to integrate a vtkGraphLayoutView into a Jframe.   The java app starts fine and the vtk panel sometimes initially displays the graph but the window flashes and the graph disappears anytime you try to interact with the window.

I'm using Java 1.7_09, VTK 5.10.1 and Win7 x64 (I've also tried MacOS)

An example of the behavior can be reproduced with both the Focus.java and TreeViews.java examples included with VTK.  My code pretty much follows how these two examples include a vtkRenderWindowPanel in a Jframe.

If I try to render the GraphLayoutView directly everything works fine, but the window is outside of the Jframe.

Thanks in advance,
Scott