[vtkusers] Change Objects in active vtkRenderWindow (using QT)

Fabian fabian-richter at gmx.de
Fri Oct 26 08:24:19 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I have a problem with a mybe quite easy solution; but I don't even get a
concept to solve.

I have a RenderWindow in an QT application. It shows a pointcloud with each
point being colored (lets say in grey values).

Now I want to install a slider with a ratio between 0 and 100.

What I want to do is, that when I put the slider on 32%, then the darkest
32% of the points are faded out.

How can I update Renderwindow to do this?

I wrote a visualize-function which I would like to keep. Its return value is
the RenderWindow for the QVTKWidget.

I am afraid, that I need to call my visualize-function each time I move the
slider and I dont know, how to return these RenderWindows to QT.

Thanks alot, I really appreciate Your advices,
Fabian