[vtkusers] Texture mapping artifact along the seam

Alex Tsui alextsui05 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 22:25:18 EDT 2012

Hi,

I've used Blender to generate texture coordinates for a closed 3d mesh:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/508241/img/sphere.1patch.png

I export the UV coordinates in a PLY mesh, which assigns the coordinates to
each vertex. I read in the file and create a polydata of triangles, and
then I assign the UV coordinates to the points of this polydata. When I
create an actor to visualize this polydata, I see the following artifact:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/508241/img/sphere.brain.seam.png

It seems to make sense that the UV coordinates appear to be averaged
between boundary points and so we inadvertently sample the interior of the
texture image rather than wrap around the outside. I was wondering how I
should go about fixing this?

Thanks,

--Alex