[vtkusers] Java and Mac OS X

kingvsk at aol.com kingvsk at aol.com
Mon Oct 15 02:31:33 EDT 2012

Hi

In MAC you need to set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH not PATH.If this does not
solves your problem then post your exact error message.

Hope the following will help you to set the environment variables. Here
*VTK_DIR/lib* is a folder that contains dynamic libraries(.dll, .so,
.dylib).

_*Linux - LD_LIBRARY_PATH (UNIX/Linux only)**(.so files):*_**

    UNIX/Linux systems use these environment variables to find
    dynamically loaded libraries, such as|libvtkCommon.so|.An example of
    setting the library path is as follows:

    /export LD_LIBRARY_PATH = $//LD_LIBRARY_PATH://$VTK_DIR/lib/

_*Mac - DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH (Mac OS X only) (.dylib files):
*_

    OnMAC, the*DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH*environment variable is used to locate
    the dynamic libraryfiles.

/export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH = $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:$VTK_DIR/lib/

_*Windows - PATH (Windows OS Only) (.dll files)*_:

    OnWindows, the*|PATH|*environment variable is used in the same way
    that|LD_LIBRARY_PATH|is used on platforms such as Linux.

/set PATH=%PATH;//VTK_DIR/lib;/

--
Sathish