[vtkusers] How to compute the area contained by a contour widget.

Rodrigo Lovera lobo.theslayer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 21:09:16 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm working with a gui for medical imaging, and I need to add some tool to
calculate the area of a determined section of my image. I was thinking on
using vtkcontourwidget to get a figure which shape I could change at will
now I'd like to ask is if any of you know a method to compute the area of
this contour, or in general how can I get to compute a figures area.

Im developing my GUI with QT Visual Studio C++ and VTK, what I need is a
button that lets me "draw" the contour for a determined section and to get
the area value as well.

I hope any of you can help with these. Thanx in advance.

--
*Rodrigo*