[vtkusers] vtkPolyDataMapper::New() returns null for the VTK nightly build

Dan Lipsa dan.r.lipsa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 05:58:48 EST 2012

Bill,
Thank you very much. Indeed, the link you provided helped me solve the
problem.

I have to comments/suggestions on this:
1. It would be nice to have the documentation for each class specify the
library it goes into. This could be achieved with a script that checks each
library and updates the documentation for all the files it contains.
Of course this can be achieved by the user using nm and checking the
libraries for all undefined symbols - which is what I have done.

2. For people that don't use cmake (which is my case) it would be nice to
specify all the defines required for various runtime libraries:
In my case I had to specify:
-DvtkRenderingCore_AUTOINIT="2(vtkInteractionStyle,vtkRenderingOpenGL)".
I learned this by looking at the Makefile generated by cmake for an
example. The link you provided only mentions
-DvtkRenderingCore_AUTOINIT="1(vtkRenderingOpenGL)"

Regards,
Dan