[vtkusers] Isosurface with Additional Info

Dan Barker dbpvusrlist at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 12:08:22 EST 2012

Hi all,
I was wondering if it is possible to have a surface (generated with marching cubes for instance) which has extra information at each point on the surface. For instance if I'm taking the isosurface based on one scalar field I might want to know the value of another on the surface. In general vector information would be great but even if it's only possible with scalars this would also be very useful.
I am generating isosurfaces by applying vtkMarchingCubes to a vtkImageData containing my voxel data (via a vtkImageExtractComponents).
I have no idea where to begin to try and add this to my isosurfaces.
Thanks,Daniel