[vtkusers] ANN: Oldies But Goodies Volume Data

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 11:27:45 EST 2012

Folks,

I have uploaded a large amount of volume data to the National Library
of Medicine Midas repository: http://placid.nlm.nih.gov/community/21

During the past thirty years, I've been fortunate to
collaborate with folks willing to share their data and expertise. Most
of the data in the collection was gathered using old CT/MR technology,
but I hope you will find the data still valuable.

The good news is that there are no patient privacy issues with any of
this data. The volumes are from inanimate objects, deceased
individuals or derived data. Each volume consists of DICOM data that
was generated from raw (headerless) data.

Although this data may exist elsewhere in other formats, much of the
data was not available in DICOM format.

I have tried each of the DICOM datasets using 3D Slicer
(http://slicer.org).

Highlights:
 Virtual Soldier Data - Visible Human Male thorax images and segmented
 data
 Visible Human CT Data - Man and Woman DICOM resampled to 1mm
 IEEE Transfer Funtion Bakeoff - Datasets form the IEEE 200 Viz bakeoff
 Mummies - CT data of a male and female mummy head
 Pine Root - an interesting MR dataset from the first VTK book
 Marching Cubes Papdr datasets - two datasets used in the MC Siggraph paper
 itkTestCases - MR of a phantom scanned in six different directions.

As I uncover more data from my archives, I'll upload to this repository.

Thanks to NLM for providing the resources to host this data and to
Kitware for prividing the Midas technology.

Enjoy,

Bill