[vtkusers] vtkPolyDataNormals question

danimede at tiscali.it danimede at tiscali.it
Thu Nov 15 09:52:18 EST 2012

Hi,
I'm Daniele and I have an issue with the algorithm in
vtkPolyDataNormals, I have tried to search docs, reverse-engineering

the code, but unlucky I didn't find a solution.
The question about my
problem concern how the vtkPolyDataNormals class computes the normals
with the follow conditions:
- a mesh-map composed only by triangular
polygons
- a degenerate situation where some vertex points of the mesh-
map are
included in more polygons that are the same one, but visited in
different order (i.e the vertex A is present only in two triangular
polygons: A-B-C and A-C-B... the same polygon!).
So, how the VTK
computes the normals for these degenerate vertexes?
Thank you very
much!

Regards,
Daniele

Invita i tuoi amici e Tiscali ti premia! Il consiglio di un amico vale più di uno spot in TV. Per ogni nuovo abbonato 30 € di premio per te e per lui! Un amico al mese e parli e navighi sempre gratis: http://freelosophy.tiscali.it/