[vtkusers] Contour generation based on binary images

wydesenej wydesenej at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 08:59:20 EST 2012

Hi.

I have very specific image to describe structures in other image.
Scalar value of each pixel consits of N-bits.
Each bit represents some structure in image.

Some examples:
Pixel value = 11010000 -> means that this pixel is in stuctures 1, 2 and 4
Pixel value = 01010000 -> means that this pixel is in stuctures 2 and 4
Pixel value = 00001000 -> means that this pixel is in stucture 5
Pixel value = 00000000 -> means that this pixel is not in any structure
etc..

Now I need to find contours of these structures.
I need to use vtkContourFilter or vtkMarchingContourFilter.
Problem is that these filters uses as input scalar value for contour but i
want to set "mask value".

Example what i need:

vtkContourFilter filter;
filter->SetInput( mySpecialBinaryImage );
filter->SetValueMask( 00100000 );    -> This function is not presented in
filter. I want that this means: contour for me structure num3 ie. contour
pixels with bit3 == 1.
filter->Update();
filter->GetOutput(); -> There i get my countour. (if image is 2d i got
polygon if 3d i got surface...)

Please any ideas how to do this stuff?