[vtkusers] Holes in mesh after vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter

Jochen jochen.kling at email.de
Wed May 23 14:43:35 EDT 2012

Hi James,

no, I never tried to do this, although it is probably possible to write a
dll, which you can link to then.

I only wrote a small, standalone executable to perform boolean operations
between two polygonal meshes.

My two meshes had extremely sharp edges, that's probably why not one
freeware tool I tried (forgotten most of them) were able to create a union
without having any failures.

But I remember very well it was not easy to get the CGAL environment up and
running.

If you like I could give you the binary version of my small tool (win32
binary) to test it before diving deeper into CGAL.

with best regards
Jochen