[vtkusers] vtkPanel and JLayeredPane Components transparency problem

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Wed May 16 08:03:26 EDT 2012

Hi Jonathan,

VTK use an AWT heavy weight component for its rendering which doesn't
behave always correctly with swing. But Java7 was supposed to solve
most of the issue. Regarding your transparency issue, I have no clue
if that can be achieved at all, but if you were not using Java7, just
give a try and let us know. Moreover, there is a flag that can be used
when you start the JVM that might help as well.
(-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true)

Seb