[vtkusers] vtkPanel and JLayeredPane Components transparency problem

Jonathan Ruiz Peinado jonathan.ruiz3 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:28:19 EDT 2012

Hi I'm using an vtkPanel as a component of a JLayeredPane, what i would
like to do is use the vtkPanel as background and put some JPanel (or other
Jcomponent) over it with some text and marks.

So the problem is that even setting the component over the vtkPanel as not
opaque (setOpaque(false)) it's is showing the default gray background
instead the render inside the vtkPanel. Seems to me that the JComponents
are not really transparent but they are copying the background color of the
compnent bellow them instead.

¿ Is there a way to get real transparency using a vtkPanel as background (I
mean as the lower layer in the JLayeredPane) ?