[vtkusers] Eliminate triangles in PolyData

gonza8888 gonzaloama at yahoo.com.ar
Wed May 9 15:19:30 EDT 2012

WE FORGOT TO INCLUDE THIS MAILS; SO I PUT OUR LITTLE CONVERSATION HERE, IF
SOMEONE IS INTERESTED AND WANT TO READ IT

JANA SAYS :

Hi Gonza, interesting problem.
I have three questions:
- what is type of pink object (polydata) ?
- line exist between two points, but you defined it by joining two objects,
which two points should be used ?
(ex: nearest point on the pink object and centre of cell ) , or there are
multiple lines between each pink point and each cell defining points ?
(Could you draw example for cell to be removed with virtual lines ? )
- how image with with lines is positioned inside triangulated mesh ? My
intension is to make likely perspective projection of the triangulated mesh
to this plane. Projection plane will be your image, focus will be pink
object (some point according to quest above). This is my first idea ,
depends on your response.

GONZALO SAYS :

Hi Jana.

1) The pink object is an image to. But I have the center of it as a Point3D
. ( typedef itk::Point<ScalarType,3> Point3D; ). So I can have it in index
coordinates if I need it. (i.e. centerOfPinkObject[0],
centerOfPinkObject[1], centerOfPinkObject[2])

2) The line is between the center of this pink object, and the center of
each triangle on the mesh.

3) I don't understand very well your third question, sorry. But maybe the
info I gave you up here helps.

In the Image I attached, that triangle should be removed. because it is
"behind the image"

JANA SAYS :

You had posted "Between this 2 things I have an mitk::image (white lines in
the photo)." , I am trying to ask whether you can express mathematically,
the plane containing the mitk image.
I do not see depths on the picture...
How looks whole scene ? I can not imagine how big is mesh, and relative
position of mitk image to it.

4) What type is mitk image ?  Because it looks 3D (according shape of
tubes...)

I am new in vtk, so probably I could not help you, but algorithmically it is
interesting for me.

GONZALO SAYS :

Actually the mesh is a representation of a skin and this white tunbes are
representation of cortical sulci.
So they are not in a plane. They have irregular forms. So I think, it is not
possible to work with planes here. More challenging if you want to see it
that way ;) jej.

So, the mesh (triangles) are on the back, and the white tubes are in front.
New screenshot will solve this doubt.

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5698275/Screenshot.png

mitk image, this one : http://docs.mitk.org/0.8/classmitk_1_1Image.html

Thank you, no problem. Any help suits me.

Gonzalo