[vtkusers] Shaders using texture mapping

Blair Merrell bmerrell at aquaveo.com
Mon May 7 18:24:20 EDT 2012

Hi,
Is it possible to write a simple shader that does texture mapping using VTK
classes, and is there any sample code available that shows how it is done?
I'm able using shaders to draw vector points of varying colors and sizes.
My goal it to create texture-mapped sprites at the various vector points.
The documentation is pretty sketchy about how this is done. When I see
warnings like "DON'T PLAY WITH IT YET." for the vtkTextureObject class it
makes me wonder if the code is still under development.

Thanks,

BAM