[vtkusers] vtkImageSlice question

sidd_vtk siddharthvikal at gmail.com
Thu May 3 09:32:42 EDT 2012

Hi David & all vtk users,

I'm using the newly added vtkImageSlice class (I've used vtkImageActor also
with the same issue that I'm describing below). I set up the pipeline, and
the image shows up. The issue is that the image that comes up does not
preserve its original size in pixels unlike how vtkActor2D does. To be more
specific and clear, e.g. if the image size in pixels is 512x512, the use of
vtkActor2D results in displaying the image of size 512x512 pixels, but use
of vtkImageSlice or vtkImageActor displays in size other than true size of
the image. And I can't seem to figure out the scale factor that has been
applied.

I need to use vtkImageSlice or vtkImageActor, because they work well with
vtkDistanceWidget. But I also require 1:1 display of the image. If the scale
factor is known, I can re-transform my image to get what I want.

Can you please point me the code where this re-scaling of the image happens
before it gets rendered? or How to fetch the scaling that has been applied
to the image when vtkImageSlice or vtkImageActor has been used?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

regards,
Siddharth