[vtkusers] David Gobbi's New Image Rendering Classes in VTK 5.10

Constantine Zakkaroff mnkz at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Mar 22 07:31:04 EDT 2012

Hello ALL,

Is there a date set for VTK 5.10 release please? It says "Imminent" on
the Wiki, but how soon should it be expected?

I'm keen to try out the new image rendering classes by David Gobbi. The
question I have is this: do those new classes make it simpler to display
medical image data acquired in double-oblique orientation?

As far as I can see, the new classes take vtkImageData as input, but
vtkImageData does not reflect double-oblique orientations.

I'm wondering if there's going to be (or if there is) an easy way in VTK
to bridge this seeming gap (or maybe I'm missing something) between
double-oblique orientations of medical images and what vtkImageData can
handle in terms of orientations?

Regards,
Constantine