[vtkusers] Actors keep disappearing

Darshan Pai darshanpai at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 23:23:57 EDT 2012

I have an issue with vtkChartXY.
I have a table with 4 values and I map two of the columns to the X and Y .

The points are connected to a 3D view point set through matching IDs.
I have used the vtkSelectionChanged callback function to retrieve the id of
the selection which is then used to highlight the corresponding 3D  point
using a tubefilter ,

It works 2 -3 times , but after that the 3D actors start disappearing one
by one as I select the point on the graph. The only actor I remove is the
tubefilter which is generated everytime I select a new point . But it seems
like when I remove the tubefilter it also removes the 3D actors randomly .

I am not sure if it is a bug, since the opposite case works fine . That is
if I select the points in 3D , the corresponding graph point gets selected
without problems.

Advice?

Darshan