[vtkusers] Depth sort actors

Marcelo Mendes Pereira mpmarcelomp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:58:14 EDT 2012

Hi i am developing a code snippet that takes an image data render it as a
volume, in this little application the user can position various slice
planes on the scene, those planes are actors that have a texture mapped to
them the texture being generated by a vtkTexture and a vtkImageReslice
representing the slice region created by the plane.

All the planes are grouped in a vtkAssembly to be treated as a whole, but
here comes my problem i need the render of the planes to be correct with
respect of transparency, so what are my options to acomplish that, i had
read about vtkDepthSortPolyData, but i wanted a way to depth sort the
actors, using the vtkDepthSortPolyData my pipeline will be a lot different,
and in this case what is the best solution?