[vtkusers] write a specific point's normal of polyData

Hila Hiler hilahiler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 09:46:50 EDT 2012

Dear David,
I appreciate your kind responses ...

1. Attached a clearer image represents two colored arrows:

first (white) from the .vtp file which visualized by 3dGlyphs and second
(pink) represents what I'm searching for: the orthogonal arrows - which
have been achieved by the filter in para-view: normal glyphs.

which arrow (white or pink) is achieved by this command?
m_normalGenerator->GetOutput()->GetPointData()->GetNormals()->GetTupleValue(idx,arr);

2. The cellData's normal is calculated due to an 'average surface' in an
area (cell)? any further details about this cell (how does it look like
etc)?