[vtkusers] VTK: Field data I/O with Exodus files

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 09:01:22 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm having trouble reading field data from Exodus files using VTK.

When I do field data I/O with VTU files, all seems fine; the attached
Python code writes mu=0.5 to a VTU file and then reads it out
correctly.
When I do the same thing with exodus files (set filetype='exodus' in
the attached example code), the field data is not retrieved correctly.
Judging from what I see in ParaView, it seems to be written out
alright -- at least a field with the name 'mu' is displayed.

Any hints?

If you notice that I'm using something else unlike intended, let me
know of course.

Cheers,
Nico