[vtkusers] vtk Glyphs are not showing

Bhanu Hariharan bhanu at petrotel.com
Tue Mar 6 15:09:53 EST 2012

Hello,

I have a 3D Grid and I am trying to draw arrows between some grid block
pairs.
However I do not see any arrows. The relevant code is as follows

vtkGlyph3D * glyph = vtkGlyph3D::New();
vtkPolyDataMapper * glyphMapper  = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
vtkActor * glyphActor = vtkActor::New();

 vtkArrowSource *arrow = vtkArrowSource::New();
 arrow->SetTipResolution(6);
 arrow->SetTipRadius(0.1);
 arrow->SetTipLength(0.35);
 arrow->SetShaftResolution(6);
 arrow->SetShaftRadius(0.03);

 vtkPoints *points = vtkPoints::New();
  vtkPolyData *polydata = vtkPolyData::New();

for( some grid block pairs)
{
                    points->InsertNextPoint(x1, y1, z1);
                    points->InsertNextPoint(x2, y2, z2);

                    polydata->SetPoints(points);

                    glyph->SetInput(polydata);
                    glyph->SetSourceConnection(arrow->GetOutputPort());

                    glyph->SetVectorModeToUseVector();
                    glyph->SetScaleModeToScaleByVector();
                    glyph->SetScaleFactor(0.25);
                    glyph->Update();

glyphMapper->SetInputConnection(glyph->GetOutputPort());
                    glyphActor->SetMapper(glyphMapper);

                   ren->AddActor(glyphActor);

}

Here (x1, y1, z1) and (x2, y2, z2) are the centers of the grid blocks in
each pair.

Can anyone suggest why I am not seeing any arrows? What am I missing.

Thanks,
Bhanu