[vtkusers] Problem when upgrading vtk 5.0 to 5.8

Gishara Indeewarie gish.777 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 07:18:08 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am recently upgrading my project from vtk 5.0 to vtk 5.8.
I am using visual studio 2008 and there i am getting an linking error in
vtkMFCWindow as below:

vtkPBFEAView.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol
?DrawDC at vtkMFCWindow@@QAEXPAVCDC@@@Z (public: void __thiscall
vtkMFCWindow::DrawDC(class CDC *)) imported in function "protected: virtual
void __thiscall CvtkPBFEAView::OnDraw(class CDC *)" (?OnDraw at CvtkPBFEAView
@@MAEXPAVCDC@@@Z)

1>vtkMDIView.obj : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol
?DrawDC at vtkMFCWindow@@QAEXPAVCDC@@@Z (public: void __thiscall
vtkMFCWindow::DrawDC(class CDC *)) imported
1>vtkPBFEAView.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol
??0vtkMFCWindow@@QAE at PAVCWnd@@@Z (public: __thiscall
vtkMFCWindow::vtkMFCWindow(class CWnd *)) imported in function "public:
void __thiscall vtkPBFEAViewImpl::initialize(class CWnd *)"
(?initialize at vtkPBFEAViewImpl@@QAEXPAVCWnd@@@Z)

1>vtkMDIView.obj : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ??0vtkMFCWindow@
@QAE at PAVCWnd@@@Z (public: __thiscall vtkMFCWindow::vtkMFCWindow(class CWnd
*)) imported
1>vtkPBFEAView.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol
??1vtkMFCWindow@@UAE at XZ (public: virtual __thiscall
vtkMFCWindow::~vtkMFCWindow(void)) imported in function "public: virtual
void * __thiscall vtkMFCWindow::`scalar deleting destructor'(unsigned int)"
(??_GvtkMFCWindow@@UAEPAXI at Z)

1>vtkMDIView.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol ??1vtkMFCWindow@
@UAE at XZ (public: virtual __thiscall vtkMFCWindow::~vtkMFCWindow(void))
imported in function "public: void __thiscall
vtkMDIViewImpl::adjust_contours(int,double,double)"
(?adjust_contours at vtkMDIViewImpl@@QAEXHNN at Z)

1>vtkMFCWindow.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) const vtkMFCWindow::`vftable'"
(__imp_??_7vtkMFCWindow@@6B@) referenced in function "public: __thiscall
vtkMFCWindow::vtkMFCWindow(class CWnd *)" (??0vtkMFCWindow@@QAE at PAVCWnd@@@Z)

Can anyone explain me the reason for this error?
Thanks in advance.