[vtkusers] hexagonal mesh?

Siddharth Srivastava siddys at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 12:34:07 EDT 2012

Hi all,
     Since there are a number of graphics/visualization experts on this
group, I think
this is the best forum available to me to request for the following:

I would like a have a program or algorithm to convert a triangular mesh to
one with hexagonal
elements. My triangular mesh is generated in Matlab, so I have the
[face,vertex] structure, along
with the data. Initially, my primary purpose is visualization of the mesh.
Is there something like this available? Does VTK have a functionality to
generate hexagonal
tessellations? I have been searching the net for similar
transformation, but I have not been spectacularly successful in this so
far.

Thanks for all the help,
Sid.