[vtkusers] Compressed, Base64-encoded, inline XML data

Chris Hennes chennes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 11:26:36 EDT 2012

I'm trying to write a simple output routine that creates a Zlib-compressed, Base64-encoded, inline (not appended) data file, and I'm having some trouble writing something that VTK understands. My first question is regarding the compression header: should the section containing the compressed block sizes be listing the raw block sizes, or the Base64-encoded block sizes? Next, I see that the kwsysBase64_Encode function has a "mark end" option: does VTK expect this, or care whether or not it is used? Thanks for any assistance you can provide.