[vtkusers] Weird link error - possibly 4.7.1??

Andrew Parker andy.john.parker at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 25 05:02:21 EDT 2012

This is the output of the following code inside common/cmakelists.txt

IF (HAVE_FLOAT_H)
  CHECK_SYMBOL_EXISTS(isnan "float.h" VTK_HAS_ISNAN)
  IF (NOT VTK_HAS_ISNAN)
    CHECK_SYMBOL_EXISTS(_isnan "float.h" VTK_HAS__ISNAN)
  ENDIF (NOT VTK_HAS_ISNAN)
  CHECK_SYMBOL_EXISTS(isinf "float.h" VTK_HAS_ISINF)
  IF (NOT VTK_HAS_ISINF)
    CHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS(_isinf "float.h" VTK_HAS__ISINF)
  ENDIF (NOT VTK_HAS_ISINF)
ENDIF (HAVE_FLOAT_H)

message(STATUS "have_float_h " ${HAVE_FLOAT_H})
message(STATUS "VTK_HAS_ISNAN " ${VTK_HAS_ISNAN})
message(STATUS "VTK_HAS__ISNAN " ${VTK_HAS__ISNAN})
message(STATUS "VTK_HAS_ISINF " ${VTK_HAS_ISINF})
message(STATUS "VTK_HAS__ISINF " ${VTK_HAS__ISINF})

#### gives =>

-- have_float_h 1
-- VTK_HAS_ISNAN
-- VTK_HAS__ISNAN
-- VTK_HAS_ISINF
-- VTK_HAS__ISINF

the ifdef is unset, and hence the code inside vtkMath is not being
compiled, any thoughts??

Andy

   Em at il:  andrew.parker at cantab.net