[vtkusers] Weird link error - possibly 4.7.1??

Andrew Parker andy.john.parker at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 25 04:40:04 EDT 2012

IF (NOT HAVE_FLOAT_H)
  CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE("float.h" HAVE_FLOAT_H)
ENDIF(NOT HAVE_FLOAT_H)

IF (HAVE_FLOAT_H)
  CHECK_SYMBOL_EXISTS(isnan "float.h" VTK_HAS_ISNAN)
  IF (NOT VTK_HAS_ISNAN)
    CHECK_SYMBOL_EXISTS(_isnan "float.h" VTK_HAS__ISNAN)
  ENDIF (NOT VTK_HAS_ISNAN)
  CHECK_SYMBOL_EXISTS(isinf "float.h" VTK_HAS_ISINF)
  IF (NOT VTK_HAS_ISINF)
    CHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS(_isinf "float.h" VTK_HAS__ISINF)
  ENDIF (NOT VTK_HAS_ISINF)
ENDIF (HAVE_FLOAT_H)

It must be this section in the code and the use of 4.7.1.  The only link
error I now have is this:

vtk-5.10.0/bin/libvtkCharts.so.5.10.0: undefined reference to
`vtkMath::IsNan(double)'

That has nothing to do with info vis, and if you look at the source it's
clear that the header is unguarded and the method exists, but that the
implementation is guarded by the above, which clearly must be active since
the symbol is missing.  Any suggestions why the above is incorrect or not
working for 4.7.1??

Cheers,
Andy

   Em at il:  andrew.parker at cantab.net