[vtkusers] ActiViz.NET control and preprocessor directive VTK_MAJOR_VERSION <= 5

Jochen K. jochen.kling at email.de
Mon Jun 18 18:32:35 EDT 2012

Hi all,

in many of the Cxx examples a preprocessor directive is used similar to the
one in the following example:

#if VTK_MAJOR_VERSION <= 5
  mapper->SetInputConnection(uGrid->GetProducerPort());
#else
  mapper->SetInputData(uGrid);
#endif

Whenever VTK_MAJOR_VERSION is greater or is equal to 6 and a new ActiViz.NET
is deployed, will it have the same change in the API?

The reason for this question is I'm converting the WIKI C++ examples to C#
at the moment and I should know if I could/should use the same conditional
statement in the C# examples. For instance:

#if VTK_MAJOR_VERSION <= 5
  mapper.SetInputConnection(uGrid.GetProducerPort());
#else
  mapper.SetInputData(uGrid);
#endif

Thank you very much in advance.

with best regards
Jochen

P.S.: Sorry for sending this again, but I couldn't bear my spelling error in
the thread title. :-)