[vtkusers] generate 3D images from 2D bmp files in java

Rémi DUCCESCHI remi.ducceschi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 08:38:00 EDT 2012

@*Jonathan Ruiz Peinado*
thanks for your help.

panel is a vtkRenderWindowPanel

I tried panel.Render(), panel.getRenderer().Render(), panel.repaint() and
even this.repaint() (where this is the JFrame).
the only solution to update the image is to create an event with the mouse.

in the JFrame, I have a JSlider "stz" (Slider for Translation on Z axe) :
        stz.addChangeListener(new ChangeListener()
        {

            @Override
            public void stateChanged (ChangeEvent arg0)
            {
                double pos[] = actor().GetPosition(); // actor is the
vtkImageSlice which contains my 3D picture

                System.out.println(stz.getValue());
                pos[2] = stz.getValue();
                actor().SetPosition(pos);
                panel.Render(); // panel is the vtkRenderWindowPanel which
contains the actor  <-- HERE I want to update the frame to see the new
position
            }
        });

I'd like to update the position while I move the slider, but it does not
work... :/ I don't understand why: panel.Render() should launch the update
of the whole pipeline...
if you have any other ideas...