[vtkusers] vtkDenseArray and std::vector

GloW mathieu.westphal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 09:16:12 EDT 2012

Hello

I'm interfacing now an HDF5reader with vtk.

this reader return me std::vector <unsigned int > , inside the vector,
memory in contiguous, so i guess it is possible to give a to vtk a pointer
to the data.

I think i should use vtkDenseArray in order to achieve that.

But i have not been able to find any method wich let me specify the pointer
to the data, like in the deprecated vtkUnsignedIntArray::SetData(unsigned
int * array, int size)

Howevet, i found vtkDenseArray <unsigned int>::ExternalStorage (const
vtkArrayExtents &  	extents,MemoryBlock *storage )

I can guess this MemoryBlock hold a pointer to the data, but i've not found
anyway to specify where the memory block should point.

Please, i would appreciate any help here.

Thanks.

Mathieu