[vtkusers] Am I allowed to rectify existing c++ examples in the VTK-WIKI?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 19:12:06 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Jochen K. <jochen.kling at email.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm in the middle of the process of converting c++ examples to c#. In
> several c++ examples I encountered bugs. Should I rectify those bugs
> straight ahead or do I have the fixes being approved by someone?
>
> For instance:
>
> VTK/Examples/Cxx/IO/ParticleReader.cxx does not at all what it's supposed to
> do. Comparison with the test application IO/Testing/Tcl/ParticleReader.tcl,
> which does everything correct, shows the c++ example isn't.
>
> VTK/Examples/Cxx/IO/WriteVTP.cxx the same. It should create a polydata
> object and save it, but it isn't a correct polydata, it just consists of
> points, no cells. After the verification read there's nothing displayed on
> the screen.
>

> Anyhow I did fix those mentioned examples on my machine already.
>
> Please let me know how to proceed.
>
> with best regards
> Jochen

Please go ahead and make any changes you see necessary. As you've
noticed, some of the examples are just "stubs" that demonstrate the
very minimal functionality, and could of course be expanded.

A few of us are "watch"ing all pages, so we get an email when
something is changed and have the chance to review it. Please just use
the "Summary" box to explain what you did when you make a change.

Thanks for your efforts!

David