[vtkusers] Am I allowed to rectify existing c++ examples in the VTK-WIKI?

Jochen K. jochen.kling at email.de
Fri Jun 8 18:48:03 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of the process of converting c++ examples to c#. In
several c++ examples I encountered bugs. Should I rectify those bugs
straight ahead or do I have the fixes being approved by someone?

For instance:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/IO/ParticleReader
VTK/Examples/Cxx/IO/ParticleReader.cxx  does not at all what it's supposed
to do. Comparison with the test application
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/IO/Testing/Tcl/ParticleReader.tcl?root=VTK&content-type=text/plain
IO/Testing/Tcl/ParticleReader.tcl , which does everything correct, shows the
c++ example isn't.

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/IO/WriteVTP
VTK/Examples/Cxx/IO/WriteVTP.cxx  the same. It should create a polydata
object and save it, but it isn't a correct polydata, it just consists of
points, no cells. After the verification read there's nothing displayed on
the screen.

Anyhow I did fix those mentioned examples on my machine already.

Please let me know how to proceed.

with best regards

Jochen