[vtkusers] suggested vtk and paraview courses

Jochen K. jochen.kling at email.de
Thu Jun 7 09:35:04 EDT 2012

Hi David,

I would be glad to see a detailed article about point selection e.g. in an
unstructured grid.

The article should focus on:

The differences between all the available ways to pick one point or multiple
points at once and when to use vtkPointPicker, vtkRenderedAreaPicker,
vtkAreaPicker, vtkHardwareSelector, ...
How to set this magic tolerance value (default value = 0.01), maybe being
automatically set, based on other values (which one I can only assume at the
moment)
Which role nearPlane and farPlane distance is playing
How only visible point can be picked (It happened to me sometime, that
hidden points are selected as well, like doing a frustum selection, although
not performing a frustum selection)

with kind regards

Jochen