[vtkusers] what's the difference between actor 's position and sphere 's center ?

Jochen K. jochen.kling at email.de
Tue Jun 5 07:13:11 EDT 2012

Hi Cheonyool,

> Regarding method 3,
> Jochen, thanks for your kind explanation.
> however, actually I don't want to save SphereSource. I would like to keep
> actor only.

IMHO that makes no sense to me. Unfortunately I have no time actually to
perform tests on that and I'm still not experienced enough on all aspects of
VTK, but I can imagine that it wouldn't work at all, if you would have
deleted the vtkSphereSource object.  So I'm pretty sure, this
vtkSphereSource object is still hanging around in memory.

If I understand you right, method 2 is working perfectly for you except that
you can't modify the radius of the sphere. So why won't you try to modify
the radius of the vtkSphereSource via

yourVtkSphereSourceObject->SetRadius(newValue)?

Give it a shot and let us know it works or not.

with best regards
Jochen