[vtkusers] what's the difference between actor 's position and sphere 's center ?

fearhope fearhope at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 04:30:40 EDT 2012

Thanks Jochen, Neollie and David !

I deeply appreciate your help.

Neollie,
thanks for your correction. I was trying to find that information.

Regarding method 3,
Jochen, thanks for your kind explanation.
however, actually I don't want to save SphereSource. I would like to keep
actor only.
that's the problem. it's not possible ?
actor's SetPosition is really really fast. I need such speed.

therefore, according to David's recommendation, I have changed the code like
as follows.

	vtkSmartPointer<vtkTransformPolyDataFilter> transformFilter =
		vtkSmartPointer<vtkTransformPolyDataFilter>::New();

transformFilter->SetInputConnection(*actor->GetMapper()->GetInput()->GetProducerPort()*);
	transformFilter->SetTransform(transformation);
	transformFilter->Update();

but It doesn't change anything. only I got the following error message.

ERROR: In
C:\Projets\PCL\installers_x86\vtk\VTK\Filtering\vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx,
line 802
vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (290494C0): Input for connection index 0 on
input port index 0 for algorithm vtkTransformPolyDataFilter(2904D4F0) is
NULL, but a vtkPolyData is required.

does anybody know why ?