[vtkusers] Connecting to a server.

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Jul 23 17:09:29 EDT 2012

The question should have been sent to the ParaView mailing list.

It means that the server you've connected to doesn't have a working
openGL setup, so ParaView is shipping all the polygons back to your
client to render. This is OK until the renderable geometry is too
large for your local machine to render quickly. As the second message
implies, it also means that paraview's pixel space surface selection
modes won't work because, since the rendering isn't done remotely,
ParaView can't tell which processor owns the data behind each pixel.

If you need server side rendering, see the offscreen parallel
rendering sections in the paraview guide for information about how to
set the server up to allow remote rendering.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive