[vtkusers] graphing a /vtkFloatArray

Luke Hetrick lhetrick at nnu.edu
Wed Jul 18 17:53:36 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,

    I am looking for a way to graph, hopefully in a histogram but at this
point I would take any kind of  graphical output, a /vtkFloatArray that
contains a bunch of angles between a collection of points. I have looked
into the a few example sand tried using several of them as a starting point
but seems like with each one I run into a problem I can not figure out.

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Images/HistogramBarChart: this
example I can not get my vtk/FloatArray to get passed into the
/vtkDataObject like the example shows so I can not pass my array into the
/vtkBarChartActor class.

/vtkExtractHistogram2D looks easy and promising but lacks any kind of
example of how to correctly connect it with a actor, mapper, and renderer
so I am not sure how to use that...

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Images/HistogramXYPlot: I can not
figure out how to read in my arrays into the histogram.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Luke H