[vtkusers] finding nth nearest neighbors with polydata

Luke Hetrick lhetrick at nnu.edu
Mon Jul 9 14:06:13 EDT 2012

Hello All,

   I am trying to do something a bit different than typical. It seems to be
an common thing to find the closest point to a seed point and after looking
around the VTK library for a bit, it looks likethere are several ways to go
about finding that. My question is how would I go about finding more than
just the first closest neighbor, but more like up to the fifth nearest
neighbor in polydata that contains randomized points? If anyone has done
something like this or has an good idea about how to go about trying this,
please share your thoughts.

Luke H